Friday, April 29, 2011

momma's come to town!

Last weekend I had the great pleasure of having my momma in town for the Easter holiday.  I started the weekend off right with a trip to Sioux Falls to stop by my favorite cupcakery.  I can never leave with just a few so decided on an even dozen to ensure I had tried all the best flavors.  You all know how much i LOVE cupcakes :)  I've been dieting for a good 5 weeks so cupcakes were a great treat for all of my hard work and dedication! 

I picked mom up at the airport on Friday a little after 5 and we were in a movie theater by 6 to see the great and wonderful Reese in Water for Elephants.  If you haven't read the book, read it first, it was great!  Movie was awesome as well!  Its hard for me to go to Sioux Falls without a stop at my favorite target so I kept mom busy once we left the movie as we strolled through target and picked up some Easter goodies.  Its nice having mom around to mosey through the isles.  Its just not the same with Britton (no offense) but I prefer to take my time, walk down every isle and mom shares the sentiment.

Saturday morning was a little more stressful for mom as she was meeting the Walls for the first time!  I think she spent 2 hours getting ready to ensure that she was at her best!  So cute!!  Lunch with the Walls was a huge success and both families enjoyed each other.  My hope is that the Walls will be the winning in-laws when that day comes ;) Saturday was filled with excitement as we hopped into Britton's car and headed to Omaha for some shopping and fun.  I think Britton had seriously underestimated my mother and I's ability to shop till we drop and he spent most of his time on his phone while we tried on loads of clothes!  Nothing better than a day at the mall with my momma!

The second stop was to the Whole Foods to find some goodies for our Easter dinner.  We didn't really plan ahead so we spent the better half of an hour roaming back and forth among the isles trying to pick some sides to go along with our predetermined dessert and main course.  I think Britton thought we had lost our minds as we walked around aimlessly and ended up with only one grocery bag of food.  We ended the night with some cheesecake factory as I was craving something familiar.


Sunday we spent the day being more or less... lazy.  Doing our cooking and watching movies and tv.  After dinner we literally spent 5 hours on the couch.  We had become one with my couch for sure.  Although throughout our hours of television mom and i continued to play each other in words with friends.  Can't stop that even if we are face to face.  Mom and Britton were impressed with my Easter basket making abilities and i made sure we had all of our favorites.... starburst jelly beans, peeps, reeses peanut butter eggs (the best) and some chocolate bunnies (dark and milk).


I was so lucky to have mom around through Monday and we spent some time apartment hunting.  We decided it made the most sense to move me closer to the Walls so I could get out of Verm and we found some great places!  I can't wait to see what will actually be available when I get to move July 31st!  Always exciting!


I am so glad I was able to spend the holiday with my mom.  It was great to have her around!  Feels more like home...  Love you momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment