Tuesday, May 17, 2011

wedding week

The last few weeks my life has been what I call boring.  I have spent some QT with the Wall family but my day to day has been somewhat mundane now that the students have all left campus and Vermillion has lost a significant portion of the population.  However, this week I am getting ready for my Big's big day!  This is the Zelie Davis-Frank Wooten wedding week! 

About a year ago I got my invitation to be a bridesmaid.  In true Zelie fashion she sent me a small bouquet of flowers with a little rhyme asking me to stand by her side while she said I do.  Throughout college and beyond Zelie and I have kept in touch and I was ecstatic when my invitation to be a bridesmaid came.  "Of course I will" I said to Zelie the second I got her on the phone! I couldn't wait to celebrate the big day with her!

The week of the big blizzard I picked up the bridesmaid dress for this late spring wedding.  While it was snowing buckets outside I was trying on the lovely bright green sundress.  It had me dreaming of warmer weather and fun times with friends.  The dress is perfect for a Zelie wedding.  The color screams Zelie as her favorite is green and the style of the dress will look great on all of us.
A few months later I received the shoes in the mail.  Zelie had bought all of our shoes and sent mine to try on. 

I love the simplicity of the entire bridesmaid outfit, fits Zelie's style perfectly.  I can't wait to stand up there beside her!

After the wedding this weekend I will surely post some better pics and provide more details regarding the event.  I can't wait to leave for Holy Trinity, Alabama 3 days from today!   Looking forward to warm weather and some quality time with my Big!

4 comments:

  1. Love that dress and the shoes are adorable!! Can't wait to read about the wedding and see some pics - don't forget your camera!! And then next weekend it's off to NYC to see your little sister - oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just googled mine name in images, and you popped up. HEHE Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete